The Fred Hampton Scholarship Award
The Scholarship Award
The Fred Hampton Scholarship Award is a $1,000 awad given to a deserving undergraduate student at the University of Mayland, who exemplifies the leadership and visionary characteristics of Fred Hampton. The award can go toward academic expenses(tuition, room & board, books, study abroad) or to a specific activist project. Applicants will not be penalized if they intend to use the scholarship solely for academic expenses.
The award winner must meet the following criteria:
1) Enroll at the University of Maryland as a full-time STUDENT, Fall 2015, and plan to register for the Spring Semester, 2016.
2) Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
3) Exhibit a demonstrated passion for the legacy and vision of Fred Hampton through scholarship, community activism and organizational leadership.
4) Write a 300 - 500 word essay described below.
5) Submit a completed application and essay by 5:00 PM on Friday, November 6, 2015. Completed applications can be hand delivered to the Nyumburu Cultiral Center (Room 1120), or sent via email to email@example.com. All information, either email or personal delivered applications must be received by 5:00 PM on November 6, 2015. LATE AND UNSIGNED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!